** À éviter dans un CV!!!! **

Le salon francophone est dédié aux sujets n'ayant pas de lien avec la F1 ni autres sports mécaniques. C'est un salon pour se détendre en refaisant le monde.

** À éviter dans un CV!!!! **

Messagede puriste-express le 27 Avr 2007, 20:43

Ce truc me fait bien rigoler!

ca me rappelle un type qui avait mentionné toutes les villes visitées dans son CV: au 20-quelques villes visitées en Europe dans un voyage-blitz de vieux en autobus, il avait ajouté Ottawa, Québec, Toronto etc..
et il avait 36 ans..! wouahahah

tiré du Globe and Mail d'aujourd'hui..
http://globecareers.workopolis.com/servlet/Content/fasttrack/20070427/CAGOOF27?section=HomePage

Likes bingo, works in nude ... whoa!

VIRGINIA GALT WORKPLACE REPORTER
Friday, April 27, 2007
Printer Friendly version

Sure, job applicants want to stand out - but some résumé entries fall clearly into the category of way too much information.

Best to leave out the fact that hobbies include bingo and "long walks with fiancé," says Rosemary Haefner, vice-president of human resources for the online jobsite, CareerBuilder.ca.

Ditto the revelation that one works well in the nude - "that's something that I'd just rather not know," Ms. Haefner said in discussing the results of a survey her firm recently conducted with 225 hiring managers in Canada.

Even worse when the candidate supports this piece of information by enclosing a photo.

One candidate felt compelled to share "weight and all allergies" in a letter of application.

Another hopeful informed a recruiter that "getting this job would look really neat on his résumé," the survey found.

Several hiring managers reported that candidates included letters from their mothers, Ms. Haefner said yesterday, in releasing the survey results.

"Are they trying to be charming and endearing? I don't know. Perhaps they don't have a very robust work experience to rely on for references."

Whatever, she says, it would be advisable for these candidates to lose the letter from mom before submitting résumés in the future.

Ms. Haefner attributes most of these blunders to job seekers "trying so hard to stand out that they push the envelope too far."

Hiring managers do appreciate creativity, she says. "However, the key is to balance that creativity with professionalism."

The candidate who listed "the hospital" as an emergency contact did not impress the hiring manager who received that particular résumé, according to the CareerBuilder survey. Nor did the applicant who explained the need for multiple bathroom breaks.

When it comes to listing hobbies, marathon running or mountain climbing might indicate to a recruiter that "you have drive, dedication, focus," Ms. Haefner says.

"But bingo? I don't care how hard-core you are, I don't think it's going to score you too many points."
Signature débile effacée.
puriste-express
forumiste has-been

Retourner vers Salon, saloon, bistrot du coin